Work with James
Since 2005 James Roche has consulted and trained thousands of entrepreneurs from around the world to grow profitable businesses through strategic planning.
His clients often refer to him as their “secret weapon” because he finds the fastest, easiest ways to increase net profits while reducing complexity.
James specializes in industries that serve the female marketplace as well as business that provide a holistic approach in their service.
Here are some of James’ accomplishments during the past 10 years as a consultant and strategist…
- Well over 10,000 hours of one-on-one consulting sessions with hundreds of clients around the world from over 25 unique industries.
- Created and led dozens of mentoring groups and programs around how to create custom strategies to get more and better clients.
- Head coach for Ali Brown’s yearlong Elevate program for 6 years. While there, James co-created 52 in-depth video trainings, led group mentoring calls, designed content, co-lead over 18 live events with up to 700 attendants, and designed advanced-level programs. (During the time James was head coach, Ali Brown International was listed as an INC 500 company.)
- Creative Director for Evolving Wisdom, a $7 million dollar online personal growth and education company. While there, James led the highest grossing launch in the company’s 8-year history.
“I got the freedom bug early in my life…”
In my teens, I was fortunate to live in England where I spent many hours at the Cambridge University library reading Western philosophy, psychology and history. While there, I became an award-winning photographer and studied classical piano with a Cambridge University professor.
By the time I was 18 I had already traveled and experienced more than most people do in their lifetime! I knew firsthand the very best the western world had to offer.
…but something wasn’t right. I was unfulfilled.
I experienced the best the outer world had to offer but I was still left with an empty feeling inside.
In my late teens I discovered Eastern Mysticism. For the next decade I explored the inner worlds through meditation and developed my intuitive skills.
In my early 20s I traveled to India three times for a total of a year. There I deepened my meditation practice and learned to play the tablas (Indian drums).
My life was devoted to meditation and service. Mixed in there, I graduated with high honors from California State University with a BA in art. I spent much of my time traveling the United States and Europe giving informational talks and teaching meditation.
…but something still wasn’t right for one simple reason… I was broke!
I had part of the freedom-based lifestyle (the travel and “set my own schedule” elements), but I hadn’t figured out how to be financially free yet.
Becoming an entrepreneur
On my 30th birthday I decided to become an entrepreneur (even though I had no idea what to build a business around!)
It took about four year to immerse myself in marketing and eventually found my focus. I began helping other entrepreneurs create their information products (audio programs, workbooks, manuals, etc.) As my business evolved, I became a strategist helping my clients see and plan out their shortest path to making money with the lowest possible complexity.
Discovering the code for a freedom-based lifestyle
By 2010 I had figured out how to design my business so I got a high net profit with low expenses and low complexity.
I’m not interested in building an empire for myself… but I’m very good at helping others who do reach that goal.
I now work less than 30 hours a week and have one very part-time virtual assistant. This frees up my time to spend with my wonderful wife, Melanie, and travel the world while being financially secure.
In fact, we love Europe so much in 2016 we re-located to Amsterdam full time.
Helping other entrepreneurs grow faster with custom business and marketing strategies
I now work with a limited number of entrepreneurs and brands helping them expand their businesses in three ways:
I help entrepreneurs find the best and easiest strategies to make more money while being authentic to the marketplace and true to the owner’s personal lifestyle.
I help companies and brands develop marketing systems to automate sales.
I help entrepreneurs take their business to the next level while maintaining freedom in their personal life.
On a personal note
Here’s a little bit more about me…
- Classical music. The chances are high I know more about classical music than anyone else you know. One of my favorite games I play to impress my wife is turn on the classical radio and name the piece and composer usually in less than 5 seconds.
- Art. Especially painting and photography. My favorite painters are: Claude Monet, Caspar David Friedrich, Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot. My favorite photographers are: André Kertész, Robert Mapplethorpe, and Ansel Adams.
- Cosmology. I love all things science but especially topics about the cosmos.
- Books: Brideshead Revisited (A novel by Evelyn Waugh), The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
- TV: Monty Python’s Flying Circus, South Park
- Movies: The Empire Strikes Back, Contact, Koyaanisqatsi, Rivers and Tides
- Places: Amsterdam, South of France